Hi, I’m Jess. I’m a writer who lives in Wellington, New Zealand.
Some things about me:
- I’ve lived all over the place: the US, New Zealand, Italy & Ireland, with extended stays in the Netherlands
- most of my working life has been in I.T.; I’ve worked in HR, as a developer, asset manager, report-writer, localisation engineer & software tester
- I’ve also driven movie stars to sets (one now famous individual still owes me a Hole cassette, after getting my sister’s one stuck in the tape deck of the car), performed silver service at a luxury lodge, been a tour guide operator at a prawn farm!
- I also reviewed video games for ten years for the now-defunct (yet still dear to my heart) NZGamer.com.
- I’m slowly migrating my life to Linux
- My favourite Studio Ghibli movie is Whisper of the Heart. No, wait–Kiki.
- I like to write in silence, but otherwise I’m usually listening to something like this playlist.