Hi, I’m Jess. I’m a writer who lives in Wellington, New Zealand.
Some things about me:
- I was born in the States, but since then I’ve lived all over the place: New Zealand, Italy & Ireland, with extended stays in the Netherlands
- most of my working life has been in IT; I’ve worked in HR, as a developer, asset manager, report-writer, localisation engineer & software tester
- as well as working in tech, I’ve been a film runner, dish washer, performed silver service at a luxury lodge, and been a tour guide operator at a prawn farm (among other things)!
- I also reviewed video games for ten years for the now-defunct (yet still dear to my heart) NZGamer.com
- I’m slowly migrating my life to Linux!
- My favourite Studio Ghibli movie is Whisper of the Heart
- I like to write in silence, but otherwise I’m usually listening to something like this playlist